Sonia Gandhi the Charistmatic Humanbeing Headline Animator

Friday, June 22, 2012

Pranab thanks Sonia Gandhi for Prez nomination


Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee expressed his gratitude to Congress President Sonia Gandhi for nominating him as the UPA candidate for the Presidential election and said he accepts the offer with humility. Congress President and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi had announced Mukherjee as the UPA candidate for the Presidential election at a meeting of the coalition partners.
"I am deeply hounoured on my nomination as the candidate for the election to the office of President of India by my party and UPA-2. I am grateful to Congress President Sonia Gandhi for this recognition. I accept this offer with all humility," he told reporters in New Delhi.
Mukherjee said, "In my long political career spanning over five decades, I have been fortunate to receive love, affection and confidence of my party colleagues and also the members and leaders of all political parties. I am deeply indebted to them. I will now again seek their indulgence and support for the next few weeks." "We have requested all political parties to lend their support," he added.
On who will replace him as the Finance Minister, Mukherjee said, "It is up to the Prime Minister to decide who will be the next Finance Minister...the Congress President and the Prime Minister will decide."



This article is posted by pressbrief.in

No comments:

Post a Comment